AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, this is my first review so bear with me if I sound like a neophite. I purchased this 37" LCD from Costco on line for $999.00. The purchasing process was typical Costco, smooth as silk. When the set arrived I dove right in and started the hook up. TV signal was fed via DVI/HDMI from my Shaw/Motorola HD cable box. When I turned it on for the first time I ran for my sun glasses as every factory preset was cranked up so high it was unwatchable. Moving on I thought oh well a little tweaking and we'll be right as rain. My optomism was soon squashed when I realised that the only adjustments available to me were contrast and brightness. Being a projector guy and owning a Sanyo Z5 I am used to having more tweakability then you could hope for. Needless to say I was dumbfounded. Some people may have been able to forgive the fact that you only have two available adjustments if the factory had made even a half hearted attempt to make this thing look good. But alas it's as if they are commiting some sort of corporate suicide. Faces are orange, white and black detail are non-existent etc... you get the idea. Needless to say this "thing" is going back today. (I'd like to chain it to the back of my truck and drag it back) However being the ever curious sort I decided to try it via Component. Things were remarkably improved when I discovered that all my adjustments had miraculously returned. It was then that I realised that on either HDMI or Component there is NO TINT CONTROL! With the variety of source material out there I cannot fathom how a TV can be made without a tint control. If this thing was the best deal in the world and made coffee I would take it back for this reason only. So its back to Costco today to try the Viewsonic N3752W.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.