AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been wondering, and the verdict is in on NFL Sunday Ticket, as today is the first game of the season:

38t + QSE + 1.3gain + DSS = TOTALLY ENJOYABLE FOOTBALL IN THE DAYTIME!

The room is light and the football is bright. As a matter of fact, I found that it looked better when I knocked the contrast DOWN about 3 notches on the projector.

Sure there are MPEG2 artifacts, and the feeds from the various games vary pretty widely (somewhat to my surprise), but some look fabulous and only 1 or 2 were lousy, with the rest being just fine. Recall that I just didn't watch at all last year because my 1300 lumen DLP just couldn't cut it in the same circumstances.

Well, there goes the rest of my Sundays for 16 weeks. And now I can have my regular Superbowl party again. Very cool.

------------------

Joe

"Well, it didn't look like a two-horse town, but try finding a decent hair jelly."

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Glad to hear you had good luck watching football. I was too busy to even try it today, but I am sure your Sunday Ticket is better than my cable.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I too, was anxiously waiting to see how the Sunday Ticket would look on my DTC-100 -> G11 projector. Personally, I was disappointed, but not entirely surprised.

I also saw a huge difference between the different feeds, which DID surprise me. I wondered whether this was due to the quality of feed from the stadium itself, or if DirecTV actually had different levels of compression between various 7xx channels. I guess it gives me hope that maybe next time, MY team will have the good feed.

I've probably become more critical of my DSS in the past few weeks, as I can now compare to what local DTV looks like http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Jim

------------------

DVI/HDCP makes your HDTV not ready

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I cant wait to join you in sports nirvana!

------------------

Jeff

Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with whatever higher rez DLP gets its act together (finally)with Panamorph or B stock/etc 9" CRT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.