AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an inexpensive but effective sub woofer for my bedroom. I have narrowed it down to these 2 subs, the dayton 10 and the velodyne vx10. does any body have any insight or opinions on which sub woulld suit my needs? I have a yamaha ysp-1 on the way and need a sub very soon. My audio setup will be mainly used for movies and sports and on occasion I will throw a CD in my dvd player. We just put wood floors in my room, I dont know if this should make a big impact on my decision. If it helps for anyone to know the dimensions of my room it is approximately 11x11. Any feedback or advice is greatly appreciated! :)

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
They will both do the job - you won't find better for that low a price point. I would probably go for the Dayton because it is on sale for $100 and Parts Express is a good company to deal with. You might think about stepping up to the Dayton 12" - you probably don't need the larger unit, but if you can swing the small difference in price - why not?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
I happened to like the VX10 because like it's bigger brothers it is very clean. I have one in a 10x20 ft room and it has plenty of punch for movies. I've also heard very good things about the Dayton, but since I've never listened to one I can't compare it to the Velo. However the new 12'' looks like a heck of deal to me. Unfortunately because of their lower pricing it doesn't pay to do a professional review on these subs.

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.