AVS Forum banner

221 - 230 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
My 4X dried out, even stored upside down.
Fortunately, replacing it didn't break the bank.

As far as choosing a speaker from DIYSG, unless you listen really loud or there's something you don't like about the speakers you have, you will probably notice that they will sound "different" (as will just about any other speaker); whether or not you think they sound "better" will, of course, be a personal matter.
The usual suggestion seems to be to build the biggest speaker you can get away with, dictated by room or sig other. I'm currently using Monoprice Stage Rights instead of my Fusion 8 Alchemy towers and center.

As with most things in this hobby, YMMV.

Michael

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
I'm not sure about the nu6000, though I know the nu6000DSP version does. If yours doesn't, all you will need is this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003ZEI7XU

and this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000068O3S
Now that I have my NU6000DSP set up, I cannot find anywhere in the settings where I can make one input split to two outputs. Do you know where these settings are?

I am all XLR by the way, so I will have to find XLR splitters if it turns out the iNuke doesn't actually do this... :(

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
This diagram from the manual is supposed to indicate that mono will take one input to two outputs.
IIRC, the back of the unit has a wiring diagram for your XLR cables (+1/-1 to one, +2/-2 to the other, I think).
Michael

Attachments

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Hmm.. since that shows a physical rocker switch which I dont have, perhaps that is a feature of another model and not the 6000dsp. I do have a "mono" option on the LCD screen, but the manual indicates that is for "dual mono" - as in each individual input gets its own delays, PEQ, etc from input to output. In any case, I just went ahead and ordered XLR female to two Male splitters from Amazon and that should do the trick. They were just $10 each so no big deal.

·
Registered
11,102 Posts

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Now that I have my NU6000DSP set up, I cannot find anywhere in the settings where I can make one input split to two outputs. Do you know where these settings are?

I am all XLR by the way, so I will have to find XLR splitters if it turns out the iNuke doesn't actually do this... :(

Bi-Amp mode.

221 - 230 of 230 Posts