AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2 of these and they are great for the money. However I have them on auto power on/off on signal. They seem to turn off rather quick. I have them connected to a Denon AVR-X2100W. Is there any way to get these to me more (less?) sensitive to the source signal for power control?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
I have 2 of these and they are great for the money. However I have them on auto power on/off on signal. They seem to turn off rather quick. I have them connected to a Denon AVR-X2100W. Is there any way to get these to me more (less?) sensitive to the source signal for power control?

Thanks!
I had three Dayton Sub-1200's and one Sub-1500 and all four of them did exactly what your sub is doing. Just a matter of maybe 15-20 seconds without any bass present will trigger them to go to standby. It's very annoying with music, as when bass is detected there is a noticeable delay when the sub suddenly senses a strong enough signal, then becomes active again.

Some will recommend using a Y-splitter, but that did nothing for any of my subs. I ended up just leaving them in the on position most of the time. It's just a issue that most of these models of Dayton subs seem to have.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am close to just setting them to the on position when I am using them. I just know I will forget to turn them off frequently.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yup - same for my 1200. Although, it's not as big of a deal b/c I have my old sub near field and only really notice the 1200 cutting out half the time - usually only while casually watching TV.

If I can think about it ahead of time before watching a movie or listening to music for a while I'll turn it to 'on'. I think someone calculated the power usage of leaving the 1200 'on'. Perhaps in the dedicated 1200 thread or budget sub thread. Maybe a couple of bucks a year or so in energy costs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts