AVS Forum banner

6821 - 6840 of 6870 Posts

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Noticed WHIO was up on 33 sometime after 10pm last night, don't know for how long, but appear to be off air on 33 now(10:25EST 11/20)..

update 11/20 4:18PM : WHIO back on air on 33 now ... it's possible they might have(and may have to again) had to go off air on 33 earlier today due to tower work(protecting workers from RF exposure, or because of specific work that had to be done,etc) ..

Reactions: MRAYB

·
Registered
543 Posts
Noticed WHIO was up on 33 sometime after 10pm last night, don't know for how long, but appear to be off air on 33 now(10:25EST 11/20)..

update 11/20 4:18PM : WHIO back on air on 33 now ... it's possible they might have(and may have to again) had to go off air on 33 earlier today due to tower work(protecting workers from RF exposure, or because of specific work that had to be done,etc) ..
Yup, coming in loud and clear here in Fairfield.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yes, WHIO 7 working fine now 6:30pm Wednesday. Is it me or do 22&45 seem to be coming in better also? They have been sketchy for last week or so. Something to do with the WHIO problems?

·
Registered
96 Posts
That link is weird here, it starts in 2008, after I sit there staring for about 30-45 secs it finally loads the post number you linked. Perhaps it's time I finally upgrade my box...
Same thing here but it started at 2006 lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
WRGT is back to 88% and WKEF is back to 100% signal strength on my Panasonic TV. On January 12th it was WRGT 38% and WKEF 58%, guess the transmitter change over went well yesterday.

Bill
Mines at 44 and 31. Better, but still no WKEF yet. 12 miles as the crow flies and a Clearstream antenna. when is full power supposed to happen?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mines at 44 and 31. Better, but still no WKEF yet. 12 miles as the crow flies and a Clearstream antenna. when is full power supposed to happen?
I'm in Fairfield and get 22/45 at 92% and 78% on PleX Media Center. I see similar (relative) numbers from my Samsung TV tuner which measures in dB. (28dB and 24dB)

From my POV, that's as good as it's gonna get.

WSTR, the only Cincy channel I get, only comes in at 17dB, if I get it at all.
Was better before the repack. No complaints though, just happy to have ABC and Fox back (I pretty much only watch sports and the 630pm news with occasional recordings of Colbert's Late Show and Seth Myers late show.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
when is full power supposed to happen?
It currently says at below link the following regarding that :

WRGT/WKEF website said:
"If you still have difficulty receiving a signal or getting poor quality signal we anticipate installation of the new transmitters and a return to full power just as soon as we can get an outside technical crew here to complete the project."

https://dayton247now.com/news/local/auxiliary-transmitter-switch-planned-for-sunday-night

·
Registered
96 Posts
It currently says at below link the following regarding that :
Channel 45 & 22 coming in here in Clermont County today. First time I've had time to check it was bouncing between 2 bars and 5 bars but it's there

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time posting here. Dayton OH Fox 45 and ABC 22 have been at best low-power since the repack in October! They are blaming it on lack of crews to install new antennas. Is this common around the country? I contacted the Dayton Daily News, but nobody seems interested in covering this. I contacted the FCC but just got a canned reply. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but is this a conspiracy of silence? My real question is, Is this a local Dayton problem with ineptitude on the part of Sinclair Broadcasting management, or are other TV operations around the country experiencing the same difficulty? Wasn't there at least a year's advance notice of the repack?

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
WKEF and WRGT are now on their final antenna, so the signal should be a lot better than it was right after. They're waiting for the permanent transmitters to be installed and remain at low power from the final antennas.

- Trip

6821 - 6840 of 6870 Posts