AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my RSS315F from a sonosub setup, which I never performed measurements on, to the SWC-2 sealed 2 cf box. I'm using a Dayton 250 watt plate amp, which they don't make anymore but is similar to the SA240 plate amp. This is very similar to their RS1200 kit/assembled sub but with half the wattage.

I did some open-air measurements on it using REW and a Radio Shack SPL meter.

Here are some pics and the measurement, which closely matches the modeled behavior. The -3 dB point is 34 Hz and it does 27 Hz at -6 dB. Overall the sub sounds superb. The finishing on the box is excellent, too. Very happy with the project.

Attachment 219496

Attachment 219495

Attachment 219497

Attachment 219494

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmercy /forum/post/20796422

Very nice! Have any distortion measurements and some in-room measurements?

JSS

The room seems difficult and I haven't done any EQ yet. My receiver has Audyssey 2EQ which I don't think does anything about the sub. I'll have to mess with it at some point.

Attachment 219500

Attachment 219501

Attachment 219502

There's some preliminary stuff. I don't know how I'd do distortion, and I'm not very good at interpreting the information I'm seeing here.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Any smoothing on those graphs? That response looks very EQ-able....run 2EQ and see what happens....

I posted a quick how-to on distortion with REW at one point....wish I knew where it was...

JSS

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmercy /forum/post/20796476

Any smoothing on those graphs? That response looks very EQ-able....run 2EQ and see what happens....

I posted a quick how-to on distortion with REW at one point....wish I knew where it was...

JSS

It's getting late here, I'll have to wait until tomorrow to run 2EQ. I live in an apartment and the neighbors don't appreciate me watching movies. One of the first nights here, I was barely 15 minutes into Wall-E before the knock on the door came

You can see the smoothing listed in the legend. "1/6" etc. The open air measurements have no smoothing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts