AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Dayton SUB 1500 produce low enough frequencies to make your insides vibrate like in a movie theater? The feeling to which I am referring is sort of like hunger, in that you feel the waves in your stomach or chest, such as in "The Dark Knight Rises" when Batman takes off in his helicopter type aircraft after the car chase, or when the sonic charges go off in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones when Jango Fett and Obi-Wan are having a space dogfight. At what frequency Hz does the feeling I am describing occur? I currently own Dayton B652s and my impression of them is highly positive considering their price. This is why I am leaning toward a Dayton subwoofer.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Does the Dayton SUB 1500 produce low enough frequencies to make your insides vibrate like in a movie theater?
That depends on the size of your room. If it's 8x10 feet, probably. If it's 16x20 feet probably not. Buy one, if it's not enough buy another one.

Reactions: KidHorn

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Does the Dayton SUB 1500 produce low enough frequencies to make your insides vibrate like in a movie theater? The feeling to which I am referring is sort of like hunger, in that you feel the waves in your stomach or chest, such as in "The Dark Knight Rises" when Batman takes off in his helicopter type aircraft after the car chase, or when the sonic charges go off in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones when Jango Fett and Obi-Wan are having a space dogfight. At what frequency Hz does the feeling I am describing occur? I currently own Dayton B652s and my impression of them is highly positive considering their price. This is why I am leaning toward a Dayton subwoofer.
Put your sub near-field; either as side table or right behind the MLP. You should get ample gut wrenching bass provided the MLP itself isn't in a null.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts