AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to updgarde from the 45A to either the 47Ai or 59Ai. However, better PQ is my concern. DVD-a and SACD are not a priority. Is there any disctinct advantage to the 59Ai over the 47Ai, audio aside?

The combing in Monsters Inc is annoing and the chroma error pretty noticable in Spiderman on the 45A. Do either of these solve the problem?

Is the PQ overall a little or significantly better than the 45A?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes...I did read through those threads before posting. However, like most posts in any one given thread that exceeds more than a couple of messages, that one quickly took a tangent off of the original subject.

So I post again....

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Milenkod,

If PQ is your priority, get 59AVi. 47Ai has CUE, and 59AVi doesn't, it completely solves the problem. 47Ai has a bit better PQ then 45A (the same CUE though), but 59AVi has much better PQ then 45A.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Gordon McGregor
Milenkod,

If PQ is your priority, get 59AVi. 47Ai has CUE, and 59AVi doesn't, it completely solves the problem. 47Ai has a bit better PQ then 45A (the same CUE though), but 59AVi has much better PQ then 45A.
Gordon,

Just the guy I was looking for....Thanks for the response.

So DVI not withstanding, the 59Ai is better then.

The cue error isn't as big of deal to me but combing is. But cost is an issue though. I'm thinking to return th 45A and my VXS-53tx and upgrading to the 47Ai and the 55Txi. Want to use the iLink in the future.

Or just get he 59Avi and a 12' DVI cable and run it to my TV. I'd keep the 53tx then beacuse my wife would be upset for spending that much..but I could convince her though. Internet purcahse is an option to lower costs but am skiddish on the factory warrenty thing....despite the e-tailer giving their own warranty.

(FYI..I was trying to send you a PM over the weekend but your mailbox was full)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.