AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a general upgrade to enable HDTV, one of those tasks being replacing my old round DirecTV dish with the oval model. After doing that, I find that when I check the signal meters on my DirecTV Plus receivers, they are fine; but when I check the meters on my older non-Plus models (all Sony) I am seeing the meter fluctuate about every 2 seconds between full strength (about 84) and zero. When it drops to zero, it reads "Unlocked" and then when it goes to full it says "Locked". Oddly enough, this seems to have no effect on the operation of it; it works fine - though I am having problems with audio dropouts on HDNet ch. 199 on about the same frequency as the lock/unlock cycle. Has anyone seen this before? Is it normal behavior? Might I have a bad dish or a bad point? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks - Craig

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
This is normal for the sonys. I have an old b2 model that does this. The newer a55 sony in contrast does not exhibit this behavior. As long as you are getting a good picture don't worry about it - use the HDTV receiver to check for signal strenghts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.