AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Terk S26 18x20 triple LNB dish with 4 outputs. Two of these outputs are already connected, but I want to connect the remaining outputs to power some additional receivers. I have two 150' stands of cable, approximately, between my sat and my receivers. Instead of running two additional, stand-alone strands, it would be cool to find a single bonded cable strand (I don't mind putting on my own ends) that I can run in place of the single strands. Anyone know of such a thing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
various manufactures make a siamese wire. it's two rg-6 cables bonded together. call your local wire supply house or custom installer and they should be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they don't make quad cables (siamese x 2)?

·
Registered
27 Posts
They make almost everything. 1 RG-6+1 CAT5 ( I use that alot), 2 RG-6+2 CAT5, 2 RG-6+2 CAT5 +2 Fiber, 4 RG-6. RGBHV Mini, etc.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You can buy all kinds of multi-cables. www.markertek.com is a good place to hunt for this kind of stuff.

Since the price of RG6 at Home Depot about $59 for a 500 ft spool of high quality quad sheild, you just got to weigh convenience vs. cost.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Has anyone ever performed a sweep test on the RG6 sold at Home Depot?

I checked out their CAT5 with a CAT5 certification meter and let's say it did not pass with flying colors. I cannot speak to their RG6 but I have a sneaking suspicion that it might not measure up to Beldon or Comscope.

The Beldon bundled wire is something special. It is easier to pull and less susceptible to kinking and damage as it is pulled though studs.

Alan

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The cable I bought at Home Depot is Carol Cable, RG6QS, copper clad steel inner conductor, made in USA, UL listed and swept to 2.3ghz.

Carol's data sheet on the cable shows figures pretty much the same as Belden.

I don't have the means to sweep it myself, but it used it and it is working fine.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be nice if the quad cable stuff came as zipper cords instead of the large diameter single cord that I see at http://www.markertek.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.