AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just acquired a DBX 20/20 computerized EQ. I am hoping to use it to do some room corrections in the higher frequencies (i already use an Velodyne SMS 1 for the bass). My problem is there are no batteries in this unit and I can not tell how they should be inserted. Which side does is the positive for the top battery and which is positive for the bottom? Does anybody have one of these that can tell me? I have the manual but it does not say. I suspect that there were stickers or something at one time which described how they should be installed but those stickers are no longer in the unit.

I would be greatful for any help.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Wow. Now there's a blast from the past. Kinda surprised that the manual can't help ya out. No diagrams on or in the battery compartment either?

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredmyer /forum/post/14194225

Ok I just acquired a DBX 20/20 computerized EQ. I am hoping to use it to do some room corrections in the higher frequencies (i already use an Velodyne SMS 1 for the bass). My problem is there are no batteries in this unit and I can not tell how they should be inserted. Which side does is the positive for the top battery and which is positive for the bottom? Does anybody have one of these that can tell me? I have the manual but it does not say. I suspect that there were stickers or something at one time which described how they should be installed but those stickers are no longer in the unit.

I would be greatful for any help.

Thanks,

Steve

Got a picture?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/14194500

Got a picture?

Here is a picture of the battery compartment

·
Registered
30,710 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sredmyer /forum/post/14194733

Here is a picture of the battery compartment

Red is usually positive and black is usually negative. That would put the two in series.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/14195082

Red is usually positive and black is usually negative. That would put the two in series.

That is my thought as well.

Is there likely to be any damage if I install the batteries incorrectly? When I got the unit the batteries in it were just beginning to corode and the BAT. light on th front was illuminated (accroding to the manual this indicates that the batteries need replaced). In my zeal to replace the batteries I never thought to pay attention to how they were installed (probably expected there to be some type of indiction). I believe the only purpose of the batteries is to make retention of programmed frequency curves non-volitile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts