AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience using this to set up dual sealed subwoofers? Wondering how the Auto EQ device (using the RTA Mic that can be bought with the unit) stacks up and/or eases the setup learning curve on these sorts of devices (e.g., compared to the DCX2496 for instance)?

Have a chance to pick one up, with RTA mic, for the same price as a DCX 2496 and was wondering if the DBX would be the better choice and/or if the RTA Mic would be useful at all?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You can even use the DCX to create high pass filters as low as 10hz (IIRC). It's a very powerful unit at a great price.

I had a piece of Behringer equipment die on me so I'm not really too trusting of the brand at the moment. But it really doesn't have any competition with such a low price.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve71 /forum/post/18196652

I had a piece of Behringer equipment die on me so I'm not really too trusting of the brand at the moment.

You may have needed a DIY custom cooling solution.

True, you shouldn't need to address heat concerns inside the case, but if that was all it took--and it happens more often than you might think--then it is worth consideration, not only for this brand, but others as well.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbc /forum/post/18193932

The DCX goes down to 20hz?

There is SOOOOO much flexibility with the DCX. I have my setup flat to 10Hz with a wide 20Hz filter.

One of the single greatest purchases I have ever had with the HT hobby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts