AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although it is raining here, there were El Grande drop-outs at my place from OTA WRC. In fact, I knew enough to key-in the dish local as a back up. A great A\\B comparison for my guests, and needed when WRC cut out.

I am appreciative that WRC boadcst this event in HD. However, anyone else in the DC area have a problem?

· Registered
553 Posts
I had no problem with WRC or WBAL in Baltimore. Pictures were perfect.

· Registered
A Samsung 65" QLED UHD TV... Onkyo AV Receiver... Polk Audio Surround Sound Speakers...
1,196 Posts
I got WBAL-DT and HDNet, but didn't try WRC-DT. I did note that as usual, with HDNet and NBC showing the same feed, the NBC feed filled the screen while the HDNet feed left a black bar down the left side of the screen.

· Premium Member
1,566 Posts
I was 90% satisfied with WRC's HD broadcast. However, there were sound glitches. The volume level was much higher for commercials. There were a couple of ear-splitting sound spikes.

Also, the audio was pro-logic rather than Dolby Digital 5.1. I expected DD since this was billed as a collaboration between the same HD-Net and NBC team that gave us the Winter Olympics in DD.

· Registered
350 Posts
No probs with WRC here either - except very low audio levels.

Thanks to NBC and HDNet for the programming.

· Registered
278 Posts
Tim,

No problems with drop out here (WRAL) and I'm also in Germantown. Drop me a line when you get the chance. I also did an A-B between my local feed thru Dish and the OTA HD and there was no comparison. Thanks NBC and HDNET as my wife is becoming a believer. :) :)

Roy

· Registered
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dneily
I was 90% satisfied with WRC's HD broadcast. However, there were sound glitches. The volume level was much higher for commercials. There were a couple of ear-splitting sound spikes.

Also, the audio was pro-logic rather than Dolby Digital 5.1. I expected DD since this was billed as a collaboration between the same HD-Net and NBC team that gave us the Winter Olympics in DD.
My observations & experience exactly. I specifically remember two ear-splitting high frequency test tones. I imagine they were ear splitting because I had to crank up the volume so much just to be able to hear the normal broadcast.

After the Olympics, I was also surprised that the sound was not DD5.1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.