AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I did an overscan adjustment to 4% all the way around the screen, I am unable to now 'magic focus'. When I press magic focus, I get 'static mode' and then cross lines to the center of the screen that flash in red. How do I get out of the 'static mode' and back into DCAM so that I can do a manual convergence.

Thanks,

Leonard.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Overscan on these sets can't be set below about 4.5%, because the magic focus feature uses the overscan area to do its adjustments. Change your overscan and reconverge.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Bill's correct on how to get back into the DCAM mode. When you re-do the convergence, remember to follow the steps to re-initialize the Magic Focus sensors after you save the convergence data to memory. That's normally the cause of people getting static mode when Magic Focus is pressed. If the set craps out during the sensor initialization, then you've got overscan reduced too much for the sensors to read the pattern.

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gambrelw
Hit the little blue button just to the left of the overscan pots. That will get you back into DCAM mode.

Bill
This is correct.

It's a baby blue button on the main board.

You will need to take the speaker cover grill and wooden plate off the front of the tv to get to it.

hit the button... it's called the service button.

It will get you back into DCAM again.

You forgot to initialize the magic focus sensors I bet...

When your done:

Hit PIP MODE then PIP channel to initialize the sensors...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But now I get an overscan of 15%. Adjusting the trim pots for overscan doesn't get me pass the 15%. Please help. What do I do now?

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
15% on all sides? You sure you're in FULL mode and not one of the stretch/fill modes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But I still can't get passed the 'static mode.' I readjusted the overscan to 5%. Everytime I press magic focus I get the static mode. How do I get out of this and into DCAM?

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by a061444
But I still can't get passed the 'static mode.' I readjusted the overscan to 5%. Everytime I press magic focus I get the static mode. How do I get out of this and into DCAM?
You need to read the posts and service menu.

WHen you done in DCAM it's PIP MODE and PIP mode...

Hit MUTE when the green dots come up...

Then PIP MODE then PIP Channel...green dots again

Then turn off the TV.

·
Registered
423 Posts
After changing overscan, you should immediately hit the blue button (not magic focus) and save your new geometry while in DCAM.

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.