AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just wanted to get a consensus from those who have the DCT5100 through Comcast what your software version and firmware version are on your box??

Please only respond if you have Comcast service.

If you dont know how to access this info you can do so by powering off the box and then hitting the ok/select key on your remote. This opens the diagnostic menu of the box (dont get all excited you can't change anything) once in here you'll use your down arrow to scroll down to Code App Modules and then press ok/select again this will show you software/firmware version numbers.

software will be formated like "50.00 - 1078"

firmware will be formated like "2.5" or "05.50"

to exit the diagnostic menu just hit power twice this will exit the menu and turn the box back on.

Jeremy

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremyfr
Ok I just wanted to get a consensus from those who have the DCT5100 through Comcast what your software version and firmware version are on your box??
Why?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Why?
Because I want to bring this matter up to the local team in charge of updating the boxes and ask why it seems our software/firmware may be well behind other markets in there versions but I want information to back my questioning about this matter.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
Check the HDTV Links topic, and read the 5100 FAQ's. It usually has the most current 5100 firmware info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.