AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Motorola DCT3412 with Comcast HDTV cable. Twice in the past couple of months, I had about 9% of my hard disk full, but when it came time for the next recording, a message appeared saying that the recording would not happen as my disk was full. When I checked the recordings I had, it said 100% full - but when I deleted a 30-minute SD recording, it jumped back to 9%.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? Right now, I have two hour-long HD shows scheduled to record once a week, and a 30-minute SD show scheduled to record every weekday, but after the first time the problem happened, I switched all of my HD shows to "keep until space needed".

-- Don

·
Registered
5,027 Posts
Yes, this 'false 100% reading' happened a lot on a relative's 3412 DVR and some on my 6412 DVR, for a while, but lately is much better on both, except for daily Series Recordings, it almost never records them. I posted about this a while ago, and no one responded. I actually find that almost always all I have to do, is enter the Recorded List, and exit, and then press record, and it works; once in a while, one or two programs must be deleted, though. Of course, I can't be there always when a show starts to make sure it records.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a dct 3416 now. Comcast replaced my old unit. I think it was a 3412. One of the problems I had was the DVR going to 100% full. It would not go back until I unplugged it. So they replaced it with a DCT 3416. This unit is smaller and the remote responds faster. However, it just recently did the same thing. Goes to 100% full. Then I delete one show and it goes back to normal. It must be a software issue. I unplugged it again and it has been fine for the last 2 weeks. 2 different DVRs, basically the same problem. I hope Motorola or Comcast get it fixed.

·
Registered
5,027 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleng /forum/post/0

I have a dct 3416 now. Comcast replaced my old unit. I think it was a 3412. One of the problems I had was the DVR going to 100% full. It would not go back until I unplugged it. So they replaced it with a DCT 3416. This unit is smaller and the remote responds faster. However, it just recently did the same thing. Goes to 100% full. Then I delete one show and it goes back to normal. It must be a software issue. I unplugged it again and it has been fine for the last 2 weeks. 2 different DVRs, basically the same problem. I hope Motorola or Comcast get it fixed.

You must have had a 6412, because the 3412 and 3416 are the same size DVR, both faster, just with different HDD space.

This problem, as I said, is affecting 6400 and 3400 series DVRs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.