AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DCT 5100 arriving this weekend and I was wondering if anyone who has one is using the video in ports? I know the R/L audio in will pass thru the reciever when it is turned off, but what about the video? I've found one doc that says the rear video in is currently disabled, but it doesn't mention the front inputs at all. Ofcourse, not all of the DCT5100 pictures I've seen have front AV inputs, but they are shown in the DCT5100 manual.

What I'm trying to do is, get my VCR output connected to my HT reciever, somehow. My HT reciever only has 3 video inputs, TV, DVD, DVR/VCR. The DCT5100 will go on the TV input, my DVD on the DVD input, and my DirecTivo on the DVR/VCR input. This leaves my VCR out in the cold. I really don't watch much on VHS anymore, but I still have a library of around 120 VHS movies that I'd like to be able to watch every now and then. I'm really hoping that the A/V inputs on the DCT5100 will let me hook up my VCR, but I have this sinking feeling it won't. Anyone have any other ideas other then an MTS modulator?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,753 Posts
See the 5100 FAQ's, in the HDTV Hardware Links Topic, at the top of the page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.