AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try recording saved programs from my DCT6412 onto a Panasonic DMR-ES35V VHS/DVD recorder. The Panny has a DV In which is available for a Digital Camcorder (IEEE 1394 - 4 pin) so I' assuming that I can connect a Firewire cable to it from the IEEE 1394 output on the DCT6412. Does anybody know how many pins are required for the DCT6412 so I can determine which Firewire cable to purchase for a trial? Do I need a 4 pin to 4 pin or a 6 pin to 4 pin? If it doesn't work I could use the S-video/audio connectors but it seems that the Firewire connection would be the best, assuming that it works. Has anybody tried this? I just want to hit "play" on the DCT6412 and "record" on the Panny to record onto a DVD.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you any experience with this, using the IEEE1394 output on a DCT64xx? As I said, I will likely purchase one from "The Source" (Canada's Radio Shack), try it and then return it if it doesn't work but it would be nice to know if anyone else has tried it and how successful they were.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.