AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can get sound from all of my speakers using the onboard audio of the A7N8X MB. The problem is that it echos most of the time. When I record a capture I can only get sound from the left and center speakers only.

Is it possible to DD5.1 or at least stereo audio from this MB when recording? I have the left and right audio outputs combined to go into the Line In input. This is probably the problem. I have Toslink and coaxial out of my satellite receiver, but the Line In input is a mini-plug. So this means I cannot connect them.

Is there a cable that will connect this setup and do I need to just get a real Sound Card that has either Toslink or coaxial inputs?

Any help is appreciated. I have finally got the recording of a capture PQ pretty good, but of course the audio sucks big time.

Thanks,

:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can encode in AC3 as long as you have the optional SPDIF header that asus forces you to buy seperately. Check page 30 of your manual to see where you need to connect the header.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the problem I do not have the optional SPDIF header. The last time I checked it was unavailable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.