AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have CREATIVE XFI XTREME GAMER sound card i would like to use optical out to connect to my receiver i got toslink cables and adapter to connect it my doubt

what is DDL AND DTS CONNECT do i need to activate it for 5.1 sound

movies with 5.1 sound will play in 2channel stereo without activating ddl dts connect

·
Registered
959 Posts
I only use those for multichannel audio that's in a format my AV doesn't support like a lot of games. For my media I set to audio output to passthru and bitstream what ever format is in the media.

You should at least 2 audio outputs, one will use the encoding of of the sound card for analog and/or digital and another for passthru, at least that's however audio device I've used has been.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank u for quick reply bt I don't get u i need to know

1.what is DDL AND DTS CONNECT

2.do i need to activate it for 5.1 sound

3.will the movies with 5.1 sound will play in 2channel stereo without activating ddl dts connect

·
Registered
959 Posts
1. DDL and DTS connect/interactive is when you sound device re-encodes the original audio no matter what it is to DD and DTS(this is usually a hardware encoder).

2. No

3. It depends on how you set it up, if you use passthru and the movie has DD/DTS 5.1 audio assuming your AVR support these formats you'll get 5.1 sound. It can also be accomplished using software encoders but most prefer to bitstream as there no chance of quality loss and doesn't use resources. If don't use passthru or have proper encoders you'll likely only get 2 ch audio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.