AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all starting to build up to much. This is my second replay, first one went back because the channels were so bad - bad tunner - so i thought. This one was not alot different.

But thought I would get satellite, HD, got it all set up last night. THe Sony HD100 works good with the Replay allowing the replay to change channel with the serial connection. So to day I get telling my wife about how it all work, the her only responce was "you cant record one thing and watch someting else, then why did we get the satellite"

Guess I should have just got the free one room system, installed and then added my HD receiver. WOuld have had one for the TV and one for the Replay. My account is only 24 hours old, Im going to call and beg.

But now to the replay problem, suddnely the audio on the TV started studdering, repeating the same words. I turned it off and it wont come back on. So unpluged it, now the blue light comes on but the unit doesnt do anything.

This is all starting to suck. Beginnning to wish I had just stuck with a pair of rabbint ears.

Is it dead. I have only had it about 2 months, is it to late to get a refund?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
How long did you leave the blue light on to wait for it to come up? Sometimes it can take longer than you might think.

Try powering down and unplugging, then leaving it for 30 mins.

You should also avoid leaving the Replay on for extended periods of time when you are not watching TV, as it constantly buffers live TV and can have some problems (at least in the current (and soon to be improved) software version).

You might have another bum unit, but it's too early to tell. If so, then sure, try to get your money back. I don't know for sure, but I thought there were satellite integrated DVR systems that would at least give you the watch-one-channel / record-another capability your wife desires.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
509eagle, I have very close to the same setup as you, hd100 and such. Sounds like you made the mistake with the hookup? No... you wouldn't have got the HD dish if you had got that basic setup. You should be able to add a box fairly cheaply. =)

I hope you can give your replay another chance. See the trouble shooting sticky thread for information on what to do with the "please wait" screen hang. I know that's not your problem, but the first steps to correcting the problem are listed there. I think it's on page 2.

I guess you didn't know Tivo with directv (2 tuners) is like 100 bucks and then you just pay like $5/month for the service. (it's something crazy like that) but, Murdock is trying to buy a majority share of Directv and he's stated already that directv will be providing DVRs for subscribers who want on by next year.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well all has turned out well, I hope. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with DirectTV, explained my situatin, I should have just got the basic system from the start and then added my HD receiver. I was told this was only for "NEW" customers, and i had an account, (all of 20 hours old). After talking to a supervisor, it all worked out and will be getting a basic receiver, installatin and dish for the handling cost, $15. Lucky installer, he wont have much to do, my 3lnb dish is in place and pointed, i will do the coax myself all he has to do is plug in the unit and activate it.

After leaving the Replay unplugged for a couple hours, it did come back to life and seems to be ok. But still kind of scarry there, WHY?

I will end up using the basic receiver for the Replay and the HD100 just for the TV. I know the basic receiver probably wont have the serial connectin and I will probably have to use the IR Blaster, but cant have everything. But the serial is nice.

So i think this may still have a happy ending. I hope

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.