AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for the uncut version of Peter Jacksons classic Braindead for a while now. There are some R2 releases floating around but since I'm lacking a PAL-NTSC multicode DVD player they are of little use to me. I have read on another message board that Anchor Bay is supposed to release the uncut version in the US this year. Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks,

-MarcW

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
I would also be interested in the answer. This was probabaly the goriest comedy of all time. Does anyone know which R2 release is the uncut version?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spanish release is uncut but it forces spanish subtitles on the english audio track. There is a japanese release that has the same problem just with japanese subtitles. The best uncut R2 release is the Blood Edition released by Laser Paradise. The DVD was actually released under the US title of Dead Alive to avoid problems with the german authorities. The title Braindead is banned in Germany. The german DVD is supposed to have the best picture quality of all uncut R2 releases and it comes with german 5.1 sound as well as an english 2.0 audiotrack. The Blood Edition is out of print but I do know of some places in Germany that still sell it.

I have also heard rumors that Universal is going to release an uncut DVD in the UK on June 3rd. All UK versions of Braindead have always been uncut but have previously been available on VHS only.

-MarcW

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Thanks for the info, MarcW. I am confident that this title will receive its proper treatment as an R1 release, maybe an SE. Particularly since Peter Jackson is directing the Lord of The Rings trilogy. That should bestow some interest on his previous projects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.