AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finnally got my L300U setup with a DIY screen (blackout cloth with a frame, worked out great,

Its now that I noticed it, however i've read that you see them during a fully black screen so i'm wondering if it may be something else. Its a discolored pixel, however when the scene/screen is dark/darker its not really noticable. There are a few others, but only one is really noticable during use.. it sucks that its towards the center. Putting it outta focus does not sharper or enlarge the deformaty.

The questions:

1- Bad pixels-> Should you be concerned if you don't see them during a black scene, but see them elsewhere at a normal viewing distance, or is there a chance that its something else.

2- Do bad pixels develop more over time? IE, there may be 6 total bad pixels if your looking up close, but in 6 months there may be more.

I ask cause Visual Apex has a no bad pixel policy, while Projector People does not, and i've yet to put more then 4 hours on it (i'm just above 3 in the menu.. which seems to jump around, hehe). I could be a pain in the butt and return it and reorder it from the other site for the added bonus, but obviously if the answer to both the questions are no, then its not a concern.

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
maybe i'll give panasonic a call today and see what they say, the green one is the primary one I see.. the others you just don't notice from viewing distance so I really don't care.

Do additional bad pixels develop over time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.