AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 1996 Sony KV-32S25 television that apparently died this morning. I've never had problems with it before, and it was working fine when I turned it off last night.

This morning when I turned it on, the picture remains blank and the Stand By light blinks continually. (it never leaves warm-up?)

I can hear the sound fine, and I can change channels, volume, inputs, etc. but no matter what the screen remains blank.

Any ideas? Is this just a weak CRT? What can be done about it?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know on my older 97 Sony 35", not sure of the model #, but it had a "Blinking" red stand by light it was the power supply. Of course I had no sound or any thing at all.

With yours still have sound seems a but different, or is the sound coming from a IRD or something?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 'sound' is either from the DVD player, ReplayTV (which all normal channels pass through), or static when tuned to non-existant channels.

What did it cost to repair the power supply (just in case that has something to do with it).

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, I can't remember for sure the cost, as it was still under Best Buy warranty, and have since sold the TV and passed the paper work along. I think it was close to 400 bucks, but that was also the service call for in-home repair, even though they still took the TV with them.

I'd say buy a new one IMO as it is 6 years old now...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice... I was kind of afraid it would be that much. I guess its finally time to cave in and get that widescreen TV I've had my eye on. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.