AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught the Dead Like Me movie the other night. It was a good example of why some things should just be left alone once a series ends.

Without Rube it lost it's heart. And Laura Wynter as Daisy so didn't work for me.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately this effort was just sad.

·
Banned
591 Posts
I'm on a post-BSG/pre-Caprica hiatus from Syfy so didn't even know this was on. I loved the first season of 'Dead Like Me'. The second, um, not so much. It seemed like it lost all its energy, that it became a chore for all involved. I didn't feel the show slid downhill in its sophomore season as much as plummeting into a creative abyss.

And they replaced Daisy? What, Laura Harris was too busy floating around and defying gravity?

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Well, I'll go against the grain, I thought it was a pretty good movie, never was a big fan of Rube's anyway, so I didn't miss him. I did miss Daisy though. I hated all the blipping of the curse words, but you could read their lips most of the time, and the finger gestures even though blurred were no problem figuring out.

I liked it, George was the main character in the show in my book and she was there in full force and Reggie was all grown up. I thought it was pretty good and evidently not available on Blu-ray on DVD.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will it admit it had some moments. Reggie certainly has blossomed and it was nice to see her finally start to work through her issues. The end with Delores and the cat poem was good, and yes, George was still George.

I realize that changes in an ensemble cast are almost inevitable, but maybe I just have an admitted thing for Laura Harris. Would have been better had "Daisy" just explained as moving on...and introduce a new character if necessary.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergaryr /forum/post/17052923

I will it admit it had some moments. Reggie certainly has blossomed and it was nice to see her finally start to work through her issues. The end with Delores and the cat poem was good, and yes, George was still George.

I realize that changes in an ensemble cast are almost inevitable, but maybe I just have an admitted thing for Laura Harris. Would have been better had "Daisy" just explained as moving on...and introduce a new character if necessary.

Agree completely about Laura Harris, I would have much rather seen her or as you suggest explained that she moved on, but the woman who played her did do a pretty good Daisy, but it definitely would have been better if Laura Harris was there.

·
Registered
531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell /forum/post/17053449

Last night on Syfy, but I don't see any more listings in the guide.

Thanks for getting back on that so quickly. According to the listing on Syfy the movie was originally released in 2008. I went to Netflix and put the movie in my queue. Having seen most episodes of this show I would like to see the movie.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Milton /forum/post/17053476

Thanks for getting back on that so quickly. According to the listing on Syfy the movie was originally released in 2008. I went to Netflix and put the movie in my queue. Having seen most episodes of this show I would like to see the movie.

I'm seeing it on Directv On-Demand for 4.99, but it's only SD, even the DVD is only availabe in SD, but the showing on Syfy last night was in HD, but was censored somewhat(mostly language).

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) They completely ignored the well established premise that Georgia would lose her memory if she interacted with or told her previous "life" family (Joy, Reggie, Dad) who she really was.

OTOH, the implication that she was to become the new Rube/Boss was chuckle inducing.

Should have left well enough alone.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts