AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
While I have not experienced this myself, I would consider dead mirrors to be a defect on a DLP product. So yes, push the issue! Anyone else have any input?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read that on the LCD they alow a acceptable number of dead pixels from the factory. Many have 2 or 3 dead ones out of the box and have to live with that, I'm anal about somethink like that.....

Bill

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Depending on company, location of dead mirror, number of dead mirrors, and your anality, manufacturer should repair PJ even if just one mirror is stuck. Unlike LCD where dead pixels are common and accepted by quality control, dead mirrors are not: one dead mirror usually result in its removal from the batch in the screening process prior to PJ assembly. NEC certainly will replace DMD for a single dead mirror. Try changing refresh rates, turning PJ off and on (give unit 15 minutes in between) to see if it'll kick start the dead mirror. On one occasion I had a whole role about 20 mirrors being dead in a row which resolved once I restarted the unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.