AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I just bought a PSP last week and everything was fine when i first opened it up but the next day, i noticed a dead pixel (it's not dust
) on the left. Since i know it is there, i notice it but when i'm not focusing on it i don't see it. The problem i have is i'm wondering should i keep it with this dead pixel(only notice it sometimes in Patapon, didn't see it in GOW demo) or take a gamble and return it to the store for a new one. Some people had worst experience with like 6 dead pixel when bought new. MY brother PSP is dead pixel free tho so it pisses me off

I'm kind of a perfectionnist so i like to have my things clean.. i'll probably gamble until I get a perfect one, the store will hate me tho for coming over and over

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'd exchange it for sure.

The new PSPs have good screens and shouldnt have any dead pixels. Mine doesnt have any.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, thanks for the fast answers. You just validate what I was thinking, I even asked the seller if i had a dead pixel, can i exchange it? He said under 30 days no problem we won't even ask a question
I'm going there friday to get a new one
Hope i have better luck with the new one!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Old PSPs had a problem with dead pixels but Sony fixed it. After a while you probably wouldn't care, but it really shouldn't be like that. Get another one.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Yup I have a new slim psp and I wouldnt even consider keeping a defective unit

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once i get my new perfect one, i'll be able to get my PSP/PS3/Computer network working. Just a side question, if i'm on Windows XP, should i stream my mp3 to my PS3 (Home Theater) with my remote (PSP) with Windows MEdia Player or use TVersity? (Only bad thing is i have lots of Mp4 because of my ipod
)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Return it...**** I remember when I bought the PSP the day it came out...I booted Spiderman UMD and there were around 20+ or so dead pixels!!! I kid you not my friend. I am talking about multiple blue, red and white pixels. I returned it and the next one that I received was pure. I have had it to this day with no problems.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to Futureshop tonight after work and exchanged it. It's now charging battery, hope this one is dead pixel free!

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/14256624

I went to Futureshop tonight after work and exchanged it. It's now charging battery, hope this one is dead pixel free!

I exchanged 3 LCD TVs back to the Sony Store because of dead pixels!! (1 dead pixel in each.) Sony was awesome with all the exchanges. They even told me that they wanted me to get a perfect TV, and would keep exchanging them until I got one. So I'm glad you took back your PSP. Don't ever sweat about stuff like that. You're entitled to being happy with what you purchase. Hope the new one's good. If not...Back to the store you go!!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess /forum/post/14256724

I exchanged 3 LCD TVs back to the Sony Store because of dead pixels!! (1 dead pixel in each.) Sony was awesome with all the exchanges. They even told me that they wanted me to get a perfect TV, and would keep exchanging them until I got one. So I'm glad you took back your PSP. Don't ever sweat about stuff like that. You're entitled to being happy with what you purchase. Hope the new one's good. If not...Back to the store you go!!

Totally, when I bought my Samsung TV i spent a good hour looking carefully for a dead/stuck pixel. Same thing with my LCD Monitor. We work hard for our money and we don't pay for defective products!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What a GREAT surprise! After my second PSP was fully charged, I opened it up and looked at the screen only to find... A DEAD PIXEL!
Off to the store again after work tonight. If the next one isn't perfect, I might just give up!

·
Banned
2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashboard /forum/post/14258849

What a GREAT surprise! After my second PSP was fully charged, I opened it up and looked at the screen only to find... A DEAD PIXEL!
Off to the store again after work tonight. If the next one isn't perfect, I might just give up!

You're going to be taking that trip a lot. "Dead" (most often they are stuck, not dead) pixels are a fact of LCD manufacturing. Finding a display without a dead pixel on a product like that is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. I've had 4 PSP's, including one Japanese import - all have had a stuck pixel. The honest truth is that you should just ignore it and enjoy your PSP. You're not going to see it 95% of the time anyway.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantpop /forum/post/14259423

You're going to be taking that trip a lot. "Dead" (most often they are stuck, not dead) pixels are a fact of LCD manufacturing. Finding a display without a dead pixel on a product like that is akin to finding a needle in a haystack. I've had 4 PSP's, including one Japanese import - all have had a stuck pixel. The honest truth is that you should just ignore it and enjoy your PSP. You're not going to see it 95% of the time anyway.

Not seeing it 95% of the time, means you will see it 5% of the time. So, three minutes out of every hour he's going to be staring at a stuck little pixel staring back at him, defiantly. That's way too much staring. (At something completely not boob-like.)

Stuck pixels may be a fact of LCD manufacturing, but it's hardly like trying to find a needle in a haystack trying to find a display without one. Maybe it's like trying to find a warm salami sandwich in a haystack. Or a drunk horse jockey. Keep digging around with the shovel, and you'll eventually hear him moan.

I stick by what I said before: Keep going back to the store until you're 100% happy, Dashboard. You'll get a good one eventually. The good news is, once you do find one, pixels won't get stuck after.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoTJ /forum/post/14259739

Have them let you test them in the store?

You have to charge the battery first... but i could use the battery from the previous one...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts