AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which manufacturers have a zero dead pixel policy - initially and over the life of the warranty?

I saw a Yamaha DPX 1000 two weeks ago and it had a dead pixel (dark) in the middle of the screen. This was a brand new demonstration unit. I was told that a single dead pixel in the off position is not covered by Yamaha's warranty. This is unacceptable, and will likely result in my focusing on warranty coverage as a key purchasing factor.

·
Registered
365 Posts
A representative of InFocus (Bob Williams) has stated that the ScreenPlay 7200 carries a dead pixel policy. My 7200 has a perfect DMD.

Todd/Indy

·
Registered
908 Posts
Sim2 also has a dead pixel policy.

Tom

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please confirm that the dead pixel policies for Sim and Infocus are zero dead pixels while the unit is under warranty. Also, what are the Marantz and Runco policies?

·
Registered
908 Posts
As far as Sim2 is concerned, that is correct. Can't address the others.

Tom

·
Registered
11,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dylan
NEC has a zero dead pixel policy on their home theater projectors (today only the HT1000).

-Dylan
Are you sure of this? There is no such official policy I am aware of and it was only after negotiation and wrangling that one member here (guitarman) was able to get an exchange. Last I heard he received a second unit with dead pixels and NEC would not exchange it though I'm not sure what the final conclusion was.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I called NEC support two days ago to get an exchange of my HT1000 with a single dead pixel. The CSR told me that because it's a home theater projector they have a zero deal pixel policy. I was prepared to huff and puff and call guitarman's contact if necessary, but it wasn't. I'm going to be faxing them my invoice today and then they supposedly will be calling me for the details on shipping me a new one.

-Dylan

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Itrade,

I would give Yamaha a call about the DMD warranty.

800-634-0355 speak with a pj tech.

I have the DPX-1 and the warranty covers the bulb/Lamp is for six months on the DPX-1,

The pj is 100% all parts, two years parts and labor.

This does not cover the normal Accidents, negligence, misuse, abuse, improper installation or operation or failure to follow instructions contained in your Owner's Manual.

So-On

There are No exclusions to the DMD in it self.

I spoke with Yamaha about this very fact,

I was told, It's covered and they would take care of it if ever needed during warranty.

At no time has this been excluded on paper & given to the end user at the time of purchase.

In fact they use the DMD reliability as an advertising tool.

This may have changed, I plan to have the dpx-1000 this summer.

I missed the one Tom had in the classified area :(

Jerry

·
Registered
148 Posts
Even though Marantz says dead pixels are not covered I had one dead pixel in the middle of my S2 and Marantz replaced it.

New unit has no dead pixels.

- Dan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.