AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an XBR 65HX950 from sonystyle and noticed a dead pixel. I had them replace it. The replacement TV also had a dead pixel. Is this common?

I spent a lot of $$ on this TV so want perfection. But two TVs in a row?

I even tried running the videos on youtube to fix it. Doesnt work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F23aHQ2oYQs

My older XBR never had this issue.

Might as well have purchased a cheaper tv if I couldnt get a perfect TV.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It's not very common, but it does happen. I had a Vizio in my bedroom, and it had a backlight problem, and the replacement they gave me had many dead pixels.

And no, you aren't asking a lot of of a tv to have no dead pixels. You paid for a tv that 100% works, that's what you should expect.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry to hear about this dead pixel situation. Many TV mfgrs. out source some of there panels. Even at that, there can be a bad production run that gets past quality control. As far as I'm concerned dead pixels in a new product are unacceptable.If it were me, I would return a defective product again, as I expect to get what I paid for.

In the aforementioned case, I would try for a replacement that had a different production place/site or date. This would likely get the buyer out of the flawed production run.

XBR model sounds like Sony. As a Corp. Sony has been trying to cut costs for the last couple years....for what it is worth.

·
Registered
19 Posts
OUCH!!!

VM, if it were me I would try to contact them about the problem and try to negotiate a 3rd product or a full refund.

If there is no success, a person could learn two things. Live with it & don't make an internet buying mistake again on an item that can't be easily thrown away.

Me, if it's more than $100, I don't buy anything where I can't shake hands with the seller and know where I can find him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts