AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you, I have been patiently waiting for the delivery of my plasma from Dell. I received my new TH-PHD6UY shortly after new year and was generally happy with the performance. After two days of viewing the set completely failed to turn on -- this was not the intermittent shutdown issue as previously stated -- in this case, the green led would not stay on (no flashing red led).

I gave the set to a Panasonic service center several days later. Their initial impression was that this was caused by the same faulty component that plagued the PWD6UY several months ago. I was told that they are aware of this "common" problem and could remedy it in two days. I called them back three days later and discovered that this problem was associated with a faulty power supply. What made matters worse, when I asked when they would complete the repairs I was told that the power supply is on back order and I should expect a two-to-three week delay.

I am not going to read into the back order of the power supply by speculating that this item is generally prone to failure. But I am disappointed with Panasonic regarding the quality control of their new line of plasmas. In retrospect, the "great" discount at Dell has not translated into a great deal.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.