AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Sigh... another title where the developer (Publisher?) takes a superb single player premise and then spends time/energy/money on a single player instead of polishing the single player.

In a month nobody will be playing multi (cough Bioshock 2 cough)...

·
Banned
9,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll see, visceral games is a very good dev. I'd put DS up there with Uncharted in quality and production value. Naughty Dog pulled off both, but then again it's publisher was Sony, who really is great with letting Dev's do their thing their way.

Still, EA's CEO exclamation that SP is Dead has me a little worried. MP really needs to be well done for it to make any sense in any game, and too often it's thrown in to please review sites.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Release Day purchase for me! Just hope the sound design is as awesome as the first.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I was in the multiplayer beta for DS2. It plays just like the single player, except that there's 4 of you. The enemy is of course the space zombies, but they are now player controlled by the opposing team. It looked great, played smooth, and made sense in the setting. The problem is the multiplayer is not what's popular now; it's slow moving and requires teamwork to win. Some will like it (me) but it's the opposite of the COD style, which means that it will never be popular enough to be more than a throwaway feature.

I hope folks prove me wrong but I think Frank J might be right on this one. Personally I give it 6 months before it's impossible to find an online match. I will be loving it online or off anyway.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I've tried the Beta, didn't like much.

I'm only interested in the SP mode. Seams that all games wants to add replay value to the game with Online MP modes. Some works (U2), some don't.

Take MGS4 Online MP, I've always wanted a MGS online.....I played maybe 1 month if not less. Didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The SP mode should be the only draw for this game. Who cares how good the MP is?

Just like w/ UC it's just gravy

·
Registered
2,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedSeattle /forum/post/19632592

I agree that the single-player campaign should be the only draw for this game, but it doesn't sound as if EA's president agrees : "I think that model [single-player] is finished. Online is where the innovation, and the action, is at."

In other words, he thinks that's where the money is! DLC. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Really enjoyed the demo. Zero-G is a lot better than the last time around, though it still feels like they dumbed it down a bit (I'd like to see no thrusters, pressure-sensitive kick-offs, and gunshots flinging you backward, but maybe I'm a masochist...LOL). Interested to see what they'll do with the different suit types and the multiplayer. I'm all over this one...

- Jer

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychdoctor
I would have liked coop instead of MP.
Co-op survival horror is an oxymoron to me.

Yes I've heard of Left 4 Dead! However that game is nowhere near as creepy as Dead Space.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I loved the demo. It scared the crap out of me just as the first one did. I think I will quickly replay the first one before getting to DS2.

In regards to MP, my opinion is that it will fail. Haven't played it but I seen few vids and it didn't look like fun for the bad guys. So if it's as one sided fun as the vids suggested I don't see it lasting for too long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I played the demo and was part of the beta MP testing. The multiplayer did get fairly one sided, but only because "noobs" would join in when others had all ready been playing. I've been in both sides, if you get evenly matched teams (if it's an option for skill vs skill) it's a lot of fun. The SP game runs smoothly on both xbox and ps3. I hope they have a 3D option for ps3 users (they hinted around about it in some press conferences). Either way it's a new system of scares. It's not just dark spaces and things popping out of the vents. I think it'll be a very solid game in all aspects.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
MP is fun locally with split screen and live bodies but SP will never die. The majority of PS3 or XBOX owners don't have internet access and never will.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.