AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the plunge. I bought an ATI Radeon from www.invado.com for $51 (and $10 S+H) with 32 MB DDR dual head display (2 VGA's--I called to double check as it's normally VGA and DVI with DVI to VGA adapter but the salesman said 2 VGA and no DVI--weird, but it's OK as I don't need DVI at this time). There are many versions of Radeon VE out there: 32 MB SDR or DDR, 64 MB SDR or DDR, single head, dual head (2 VGA's), dual head (VGA+DVI, some with DVI-->VGA adapter others without), TV-out (Svideo +/- composite adaptor), no TV-out, and even generic maker from Powercolor (from Netherlands). I have Geforce2 GTS Pro 64 MB DDR now on my HTPC (Athlon 1.3G) but want to see what all the Radeon hype was about. I'll be putting this on my old PII400 as it may need some help with DVD playback (replacing TNT2 32 MB, non-ultra). I'll be projecting on my LT150. I was happy with Geforce2 except for 60 Hz refresh rate seems jittery on computer text while DVD video is smooooth. At this price, I could not pass up this card. If it's visibly better, I'll replace my Geforce2 with this card. Thought I'd share with you guys.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.