1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow, I already have the base station and a mouse, but I guess now I'll have 3 spares of each!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered mine! This should be a good solution to my airboard's irratic mouse problem. BTW: The listed range is 3 meters and the unit is RF not IR.

Ed:D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
the gamepad alone at fry's is 49 bucks and here you get a base station, the mouse, and a gamepad. I can confirm that the gamepad works in win2K. (comes up in control panel as intel wireless gamepad) with the latest drivers.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by anton_r
saw this deal on other forum :) wanted to ask, how good is the range ... I might gonna try to use it with HTPC :)
I can get a good 30-40' with a floor in between me and my HTPC with my keyboard, I'd only assume that the gamepad worked as well. The greatest thing about this deal is that I'll get another mouse to take apart - the batteries get drained so quick in the mouse that I want to mount a power switch on it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
To all,

This is a killer deal. I've ordered three more. The cost on the gamepad alone (no basestation) at Futureshop is C$99. I haven't had luck finding this anywhere else in Canada for a better deal.

To anyone concerned about range, don't worry. The range on the gamepad is over 12ft. I normally use it from that range. I don't even have the base station exposed, its behind my centre channel speaker.

Battery consumption is very minimal with the Gamepad. I haven't replaced the batteries yet and I've had it for a couple months now. The keyboard is still on the same batts and the mouse has needed new ones twice now (using rechargables here).

NHL2002 and Madden2002 are awesome on the big screen and the GP works well in them!

I run 98se at the moment, but I'm thinking about trying XP and seeing what happens. XP is running very well on my "normal" pc. Who knows when I'll have time for that though.

Darren A. Schmidt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.