Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.twice.com/index.asp?layou...y=breakingNews

I would be worried about Open Globe being bought by Denon. Hopefully when Kenwood signed contracts with open globe, they had a "competitor buy out" clause that protects them from being shut out. Why would Denon keep supporting Kenwood as a competitor?

This probably spells the end of Kenwood entre' in another aspect. No new product models submitted by kenwood would be approved for use on the openglobe system. Again, there is no point in Denon Holding Corp supporting a competitor....(Perhaps IF AND ONLY IF there's some HUGE licensing fees involved.)

Hey what ever happened to that upgrade they promised to notify us about LAST MONTH?

Say it with me ...Never Kenwood, Never again!

~*Sigh*

~D

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalGriffin
http://www.twice.com/index.asp?layou...y=breakingNews

I would be worried about Open Globe being bought by Denon. Hopefully when Kenwood signed contracts with open globe, they had a "competitor buy out" clause that protects them from being shut out. Why would Denon keep supporting Kenwood as a competitor?
No one says they have to. Kenwood is not going out of business, and it still is obligated to deliver the product it promised. If, for whatever reason, it doesn't perform, then people can turn to Kenwood legally.

To suggest, however, that this purchase somehow signifies the end of that obligation is simply wrong. To suggest that an asset purchase somehow gives the acquiring party the right to unilaterally terminate another party's rights is also wrong. In fact, the very nature of an asset purchase is usually just that--to acquire assets, not legal rights (other than ownership of the assets).

Your statement does not make sense legally.

Quote:
This probably spells the end of Kenwood entre' in another aspect. No new product models submitted by kenwood would be approved for use on the openglobe system. Again, there is no point in Denon Holding Corp supporting a competitor....(Perhaps IF AND ONLY IF there's some HUGE licensing fees involved.)
Ditto.

Quote:
Hey what ever happened to that upgrade they promised to notify us about LAST MONTH?

Say it with me ...Never Kenwood, Never again!

~*Sigh*

~D
It's still April. I'm confident they'll be late (or maybe they will fail), but that is a different subject altogether from your post which is speculative, and draws some legal conclusions that really are not warranted from the snippet of information on OpenGlobe's assets being purchased.

Nick :cool:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Nick,

I wasn't declaring that Kenwood was definately going to kill the Entre' line as there is no official press release of Kenwood rep to state so. (Although I seriously doubt they would make such a statement until they get rid of more back stock.) But please note they have not refuted it. And you know as well as I do they read these boards. It would be in their best interest to refute this.

I can also point to several examples where a 3rd party buy out has drastically affected the development and support of products.

1. Chevy could no longer use "IROC" on their Z series because the name was bought.

2. nVidia no longer supported 3dfx when they were bought out.

3. Aureal A3D support pretty much dropped dead when they were bought out by Creative labs.

Let's face it, OpenGlobe is essiential to Entre's success. But how long of a license does Kenwood have? Why couldn't D&M declare OpenGlobe unprofitable, close it, and then open a spin off? I'm almost certain there is buy out and closure clauses in there.

Granted all this is speculation, but it doesn't look good at all.

Come on Kenwood, give us all written hope, I know you read this board.

I posted for several reasons.

1) To warn people that are planning to that purchasing Entre' and multiple DVD changers, that they MIGHT be buying an obsolete system.

2) To start the ball rolling to let Kenwood know our rage over such a defective product. It has NEVER worked as advertised without critical bugs since day one. This was nothing but a defective product that was failed to be properly supported. Some bug fixes even introduced new ones. Some people spent THOUSANDS on this product with the hope that Kenwood would get the bugs out. We have received NOTHING BUT BROKEN PROMISES.

I'm hoping that people will jump on the band wagon, tell their local sales staff, and friends that they will never buy a Kenwood product again because it was designed so poorly.

Maybe when Kenwood sees how badly they botched up their customer relations and how it will affect their bottom line, maybe they will do something about it.

I would like to encourage people to say it with me, "Never Kenwood! Never again!"

I am planning on filling complaints BBB, and FTC. There might even be a possible class action if there is enough interest. Sadly, it's the only way companies will respond these days.

BTW: T-Minus 1 Day and not even an announment (which is T + 30 days overdue) Do you really think they will send us anything?

~D

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For some reason it didn't bump my reply.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.