AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game will soon be available right where every game belongs, the PC. Anyone else playing this on day one?

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Never was very compelled by this, waiting on a sale. I wish they would give us Sony exclusives too. It's the only reason I keep buying a game system.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish they would give us Sony exclusives too. It's the only reason I keep buying a game system.
There aren't nearly enough Sony exclusives I want to get me to buy a PlayStation. MLB The Show is the biggest series I would want, and it now seems that it could possibly reach the PC at some point.

I've mentioned it before, but Nintendo is the holdout that gets to me. I have a Switch (currently my only console) and like playing on it, but the games could look amazing on PC. If Nintendo can't be bothered to offer a decently powered console, they should at least offer an opportunity to have their games truly shine on PC.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Last of Us is right now the only thing I want. I don't know if they will upgrade ps4 buyers. They haven't said anything like that. Maybe xbox will put pressure on them to do the same. I'd like to buy it now, but don't want to double dip if I don't have to.

Reactions: Kingcarcas

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last of Us is right now the only thing I want. I don't know if they will upgrade ps4 buyers. They haven't said anything like that. Maybe xbox will put pressure on them to do the same. I'd like to buy it now, but don't want to double dip if I don't have to.
The Last of Us games do look interesting. Horizon: Zero Dawn is coming to PC, so that's a curiosity.

Interestingly, it was just announced that Sony made a $250 million investment into Epic Games. I wonder if that will partially entail Sony publishing some exclusives through the Epic Games Store.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Quantic Dreams games are also now available on pc. Only a few companies left to join the pc train.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
I picked up Death Standing day one. Never played it on my PS4. Here hoping Sony sees the light and starts releasing their games 6-12 months after they come out on the console.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After watching the Digital Foundry video, it appears that DLSS 2.0 has proven to be the real deal just as it did with Control and Wolfenstein: Youngblood.

The fact that DLSS 2.0 rendered at 1440p looks decidedly better than native 4K with TAA shows just how bad of an idea TAA is for gaming. I still can't fathom how some can tolerate the look of TAA.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I just started it, and I think I love it. :D Everyone will talk about the graphics, which are pretty amazing, but the quality of the surround audio grabbed my attention. I haven't heard a PC game sound this cinematic before.

PRO TIP: those with Nvidia cards, be sure to grab the latest drivers before starting the game to avoid very odd texture wokiness in the cut-scenes.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I just started it, and I think I love it. :D Everyone will talk about the graphics, which are pretty amazing, but the quality of the surround audio grabbed my attention. I haven't heard a PC game sound this cinematic before.

PRO TIP: those with Nvidia cards, be sure to grab the latest drivers before starting the game to avoid very odd texture wokiness in the cut-scenes.
Does it support Dolby Atmos? This is a game crying out for HDMI 2.1 cards since it can get over 4K/60 easily on midrange hardware using DLSS 2.0 :)

·
Registered
4,033 Posts

That would make sense. I didn't get the driver update and experienced this during gameplay.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Does it support Dolby Atmos? This is a game crying out for HDMI 2.1 cards since it can get over 4K/60 easily on midrange hardware using DLSS 2.0 :)

Alas, nope to Atmos. Missed opportunity there. But yeah, it would be nice to push my RTX 2070 Super card over 60 at 4K w/ Gsync because it doesn't seem to have much trouble hitting 4K60 with DLSS 2.0 enabled. Hopefully someday.

That would make sense. I didn't get the driver update and experienced this during gameplay.

Before I updated the driver, Sam's beard was stretching to his knees in the cutscenes. I thought maybe this was Kojima messing with us, but no, it was a glitch.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Driver update fix the problem. Holy ***** this is one pretty looking game!

Attachments

Reactions: NewAger and DaverJ

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I switched to 1440/120 - details are almost as good as 4K, and the extra framerate is nice. I noticed the cutscenes reduce framerate to 60 with some occasional stuttering (loading?). I initially had game running off a mechanical drive, so I'm moving it to a SSD to see if this improves.

But overall, this is a feast for the eyes and ears, and feels like a glimpse into what I expect from the upcoming generation of game consoles. My only minor gripe is some occasional aliasing/shimmering, mostly noticeable in exaggerated depth-of-field scenes. The acting, voicework, and especially the music/songs are top-notch. And beyond graphics/sound, it also creates a fascinating and strange world that feels not unlike other games, but at the same time unfamiliar and unique. Excellent stuff!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Playing on 2560x1080x75hz(native) and it's fantastic with all settings maxed. I get a free hiccups now and then but not enough for me to fiddle settings yet

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I switched to 1440/120 - details are almost as good as 4K, and the extra framerate is nice. I noticed the cutscenes reduce framerate to 60 with some occasional stuttering (loading?). I initially had game running off a mechanical drive, so I'm moving it to a SSD to see if this improves.

But overall, this is a feast for the eyes and ears, and feels like a glimpse into what I expect from the upcoming generation of game consoles. My only minor gripe is some occasional aliasing/shimmering, mostly noticeable in exaggerated depth-of-field scenes. The acting, voicework, and especially the music/songs are top-notch. And beyond graphics/sound, it also creates a fascinating and strange world that feels not unlike other games, but at the same time unfamiliar and unique. Excellent stuff!
I only noticed a little stuttering in the first cutscene; everything else has been completely smooth. This is with the game installed on an NVMe SSD (OS on a separate NVMe SSD) with 32GB of RAM.

There's no real concern with aliasing or shimmering when running DLSS quality mode at 4K. I have everything else maxed and enabled, except depth-of-field and motion blur for reasons of personal taste.

HDR looks fantastic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts