Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all,

I have Logic 7 (Lexicon MC-1) and was wondering if Dolby IIx has a NOTICABLE improvement over Logic 7. I would like to hear your experiences on your system and your upgrades and tell me which one had an overall better impact on your ears/brain. I have yet to hear Dolby IIx on my system so I'm just curious I guess. Thanks,

·
Premium Member
7,129 Posts
Your Logic 7 is a little long in the tooth. The new Lex's feature a refined L7 that has much better steering. I'd say that DPL2X is superior to 5 year old L7 although I haven't directly compared them, since my DC-2 was long gone by the time I had DPL2X capability.

·
Registered
5,549 Posts
Tony,

That is a good point, L7 has been changed multiple times over the years. It just got upgraded again in v5 for the MC-12 to add new features to the 5.1 L7.

Shawn

·
Registered
30,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN
I have Logic 7 (Lexicon MC-1) and was wondering if Dolby IIx has a NOTICABLE improvement over Logic 7.
It's noticeably different. Whether that difference is an improvement will come down to personal taste. I mean, chocolate is noticeably different from vanilla, but is it an "improvement" over vanilla?

Personally, I use both: PLIIx for movies/TV and LOGIC7 for all my music sources. I've found PLIIx to be a bit more stable in the front soundstage and more directional in the surround field, which comes in handy with movies. With L7 I get a more exciting front soundstage and more wrap-around envelopment in the surrounds, which I prefer with music.

To satisfy your curiosity, you should demo PLIIx and listen for yourself. Use material (2-channel and 5.1-channel) that you're familiar with and used to listening with LOGIC7.

Best,

Sanjay

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani
It's noticeably different. Whether that difference is an improvement will come down to personal taste. I mean, chocolate is noticeably different from vanilla, but is it an "improvement" over vanilla?

Personally, I use both: PLIIx for movies/TV and LOGIC7 for all my music sources. I've found PLIIx to be a bit more stable in the front soundstage and more directional in the surround field, which comes in handy with movies. With L7 I get a more exciting front soundstage and more wrap-around envelopment in the surrounds, which I prefer with music.

To satisfy your curiosity, you should demo PLIIx and listen for yourself. Use material (2-channel and 5.1-channel) that you're familiar with and used to listening with LOGIC7.

Best,

Sanjay

Thats why its just better to buy Harman products and call it a day :D

·
Registered
30,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLee
Thats why its just better to buy Harman products and call it a day :D
And that's exactly what I did!

Sanjay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts