AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shortly after I posted the video of my Media room I received an email from listener Rob telling me about a $50 device that can make a big difference in the quality of my subwoofer. He spoke so highly of the device I decided that it was worth a try to check it out! More...

Have a great week everyone!

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arad /forum/post/19601624

Shortly after I posted the video of my Media room I received an email from listener Rob telling me about a $50 device that can make a big difference in the quality of my subwoofer. He spoke so highly of the device I decided that it was worth a try to check it out! More...

Have a great week everyone!

Not new news.
http://forum.stereophile.com/content/music-round-9

·
Registered
185 Posts
I use an 18x18 in concrete garden tile. It's 1 1/2 inches thick and cost $1.38.

Sure it's unsightly...sort of, but it's thick enough and dense enough to decouple the bass.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just got a Subdude last week for my apartment and I can't say yet if it reduces vibrations since I don't talk to the neighbor below me but the difference in low frequency sound quality was instant. That is, even at low volumes with a pretty small sub there is now a noticeable "punch" and more refined bass. It's like I got a better sub and even turned it down a notch since it now seems louder. I use the "Inception" Blu-ray to show off the Subdude at work.

After shipping and tax it was about $80 for me if I could get them cheaper I'd order 3 more: one for my Z-5500 sub, 2 for my bookshelf speakers on stands. IMO, Subdude would be ideal for large tower speakers too.

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbklipsch /forum/post/19609431

got a free piece scrap of granite from a local counter top dealer

placed it under the sub, looks great and improved the sound

Well, the sheer mass may change the resonant frequency of the floor but it won't do any decoupling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.