AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a decent UHF & VHF attic antenna for HD reception. Antennaweb says I need a medium multi-directional antenna, and I would like to keep it fairly small. Anyone have success with the ChannelMaster 3016 or other similar antennas?

I have tested with a silver sensor antenna and I am able to get all the UHF signals okay (a couple stations in the 50% range, but most stations in the 90% range on a Dish 6000). But it just won't pick up our one VHF station, WFAA in Dallas. So I figure I'll sort-of bite the bullet (attic only, I don't want to do the rooftop thing), improve my reception of the UHF stations a little and bring in WFAA.

btw - I can get a weak signal from WFAA (40-50%) on rabbit ears indoors, so I would think a bigger antenna would pick it up well.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What antennas do those of you in the Dallas area use for HD?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Jeff, I also live in Lucas. I have an internal attic mount antenna from Radio Shack - model 15-2152. Here is the web page:
http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=15%2D2152

I live on some of the lowest ground in Lucas, it has been quite acceptable for me over the last year. I would think anywhere you live in Lucas should get better signal than what I have, and I get all the stations digital channels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live on the East side of lake Lewisville in The Colony and have had decent luck with the Terk antenna attached to my dish. I have had VERY good luck with a Terk 55 (no power booster) mounted to my chimney about two stories high facing almost due south.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.