AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading this site often for the past couple months. I am looking - as are many people - to build a 'budget' but 'quality' home theatre system. I am planning to listen to the advice and go for 2.1 first, then move up to a full 7.1 as time goes on. The room is approx 12x18, the system will be for TV/Movies/Music. I am looking for a natural/full sound.

Onkyo Home Theater Receiver (TX-SR504) - it is only 75W per channel, but Onkyo is known to underestimate as opposed to some companies that overestimate - I would rather have a less powerful receiver with higher quality.

Velodyne VX-10 Subwoofer - I think it is agreed that the price/quality is hard to beat.

2 HTD Level 2s or Middies...depending on the advice I get and what I read.

Total cost of this system is $500. Could this system be beat for that price - the Onkyo is new - not refurbished.

Let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehs725 /forum/post/0

I have been reading this site often for the past couple months. I am looking - as are many people - to build a 'budget' but 'quality' home theatre system. I am planning to listen to the advice and go for 2.1 first, then move up to a full 7.1 as time goes on. The room is approx 12x18, the system will be for TV/Movies/Music. I am looking for a natural/full sound.

Onkyo Home Theater Receiver (TX-SR504) - it is only 75W per channel, but Onkyo is known to underestimate as opposed to some companies that overestimate - I would rather have a less powerful receiver with higher quality.

Velodyne VX-10 Subwoofer - I think it is agreed that the price/quality is hard to beat.

2 HTD Level 2s or Middies...depending on the advice I get and what I read.

Total cost of this system is $500. Could this system be beat for that price - the Onkyo is new - not refurbished.

Let me know, thanks.

These seem to get high reviews.

http://www.**********/products_produc...s&product=12.1

Also these

www.hsuresearch.com

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have read good things about those 2 subs, thanks. I forgot to mention, what makes the deal sweeter is I have a $150 Amazon GC (I was going to use for the sub) and a $40 off 200 & 10% off at Circuit City (for the receiver). I was looking to at least use the GC and coupon, but I could mix and match exactly what component I got from each place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.