AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need wireless speakers. I use my computer as a multimedia center, and I resort to simply turning up the volume so I can hear it across the house, and it's rather annoying. I would really like a wireless speaker I can carry throughout the house (and outside) to pipe my computer audio wherever I go.

Range is not a HUGE issue. I only need about 20 feet, but it needs to go through walls without much distortion.

I figured on just getting a bluetooth speaker, but I hear they only have a range of a few feet, and not really through walls. Is that true? Are there other types of wireless speakers that work better than bluetooth that I can use from my computer? What is the best kind to get?

Also, I'm on a bit of a tight budget, so I was looking at about $100 or less, and I'm not much of an audiophile; although I do love music, if the speakers don't pump at the absolute highest resolution possible, I won't really notice or care.

Thanks for all your help on here guys!

P.S. Wireless controls on the speaker (for changing tracks) is a huge plus, but not really a necessity. However, I have a very large library, and sometimes I find songs that I don't remember having that are pretty bad....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great idea, but that won't really help the 5 other people I have over who also want to listen to music.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Perhaps watch the auction site for one of these: http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/01/k...s-impressions/

Or, Amazon has a number of non-audiophile types of speakers under 'wireless speakers,' you can read the buyer reviews.

Ron's suggestion is good too, you can use any powered speaker with that, or an amp and passive speakers.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Im sorry, i just had to say ahahhaaahaha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome guys.

So if I have this correct, I don't really need "wireless speakers"? I guess that makes sense, as long as you have a transmitter and a reciever, you can hook them up to any speaker. I think I like that idea better than a dedicated wireless speaker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also, is it asking too much to find speakers that would allow me to change tracks wirelessly? Or is there a radio frequency remote I can buy to do this with my computer?

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Yes you can get a RF PC remote, or you can use a bluetooth controls on certain cellphones to change tracks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts