Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks all for the responses.

After seeing the Mits 73411 we decided to go with the Hitachi 65SWX20B. The larger screen on the Mits would have been nice, however to both my wife's eyes and mine the Hitachi had a better picture.

We then drove over to Sears to get a water heater replacement, while we were there we went into the electronics department to view digital cameras for the daughter. A salesman came by to help and a conversation ensued about the future RPTV purchase. I mentioned that I had a coupon at CC for 10% of any purchase and the salesman said that they could beat any price from CC. I asked if they could do the set for their advertised price and include the five year maintenance agreement ($479). After talking with the department manager (or someone on the phone do not really care who). He reduced the price by $480 so we went with the deal.

We setup a Saturday delivery (water heater install day also).

Ordered a Panasonic RP82 from Crutchfield yesterday to replace a five year old Sony DVD. I will have to start looking for a HDTV OTA tuner and am thinking of going the PC adapter route. There are three or four cards that run $300 - $400 and would also allow for recording the OTA HD signal.

We have two stations on the air in digital and the rest coming on line in the next four or five months.

Thanks again for all the assistance.

Lester

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sears list is the same as all the other dealers in the city - $3499, the 5 year agreement is $479 so the salesman cut $480 from the price.

$3498 plus tax.

I thought it was satisfactory and with Sears you have a B&M and someone to ***** at if there are problems. Besides if we had made one more trip to look and kick tires my wife might have killed me. :D

Lester

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am not try to make you feel bad but I just bought a Hitachi 65TWXS20B from a local dealer for $3,000 + tax which including 5 years extended warranty from GE. It took me 1/2 hour to negociate with them. They were asking for $3,200 +tax without extended warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.