AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep my cost at a minimum. I was thinking this or the Panasonic comparable model. This is already more than I am wanting to spend, so I don't want recommendations on even more expensive models.

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you are set on a 1080p plasma (I agree 720p may be an option, too). I would think about a Panasonic TC-P50S1, and getting BB to PM an online price, if you need to purchase from them. There is also a rebate from Panny up to $200 on certain bluray players purchased with this TV.

Note: The rebate is not valid at Best Buy or Sears. I just noticed this.

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/usapp...ate8-15-09.pdf

·
Registered
7 Posts
The August 9 Best Buy circular (this upcoming Sunday's ad) will feature the Panasonic TC-P50S1 for $1199. That's still more than you would pay for it online, but it matches their current PN50B550 price. I've been waffling between these two models and I'm leaning toward the S1.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you want a New 1080p 50 inch plasma, and price is the issue and you only want to by from BB, then that is your only choice. Only 3 players left in the Plasma game, Samsumg, Panasonic and LG; LG does have a model 50PS60 that I have seen for as low as $1099, but BB doesn't list that model.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just went with the Panny TC-p50s1 after lurking on these boards for the last few weeks.

The previous poster is correct: Today's (Sunday 8/9/09) Best Buy Circular features the lowest price I've seen on that particular model. Even the (surprisingly) well informed salesperson was quite shocked when I showed him today's flier last night. Their extended warranty is $100 less than the extended warranty offered by Amazon and is one (1) year longer (4 years).

I also considered the free delivery and "recycle" of my old set, a big, heavy, "lemon" of a 62" Mitsubishi DLP.

If there are any problems, I can go to BestBuy in person and talk to a human being being.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would stop in the BB you bought the 50" S1 from each week during the next 30 days. A few weeks back we had it for $999.99, so if it comes down again get your price match. Panasonic has been pushing their prices down near cost pretty often.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonandlawson /forum/post/16954366

I want to keep my cost at a minimum. I was thinking this or the Panasonic comparable model. This is already more than I am wanting to spend, so I don't want recommendations on even more expensive models.

I think they have 18 month no interest financing so it shouldn't cost tha much a month, but you just have to make sure to pay it off completely by the 18 months.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts