AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guys!

This is my first post, and I am unsure whether I should be posting my question here or in the speaker forum, but I figure, the receiver amp is what will solve my question in the end.

I will have a speaker choice too, so please do not be upset with me posting that here, I’m sorry if it is against the rules.

Tomorrow I will be purchasing...

TV: Sony KDL-40R450A

BD: Sony BDP-S3100

They are $500 and $80 respectively. They look really good to me, even if they aren’t top of the line...

Now I just need some awesome (and affordable) sound that will hopefully bring a smile to my face when I hear explosions and cars racing in movies!

My budget is about $800 for a receiver and speakers, unless there's something really awesome that's not too much more that I shouldn't miss.

It's really important to me that the receiver has at least 4 HDMI inputs, so an all-in-one Sony home theater package is out of the question (Zero HDMI inputs!).
I can shop at www.bestbuy.ca and www.memoryexpress.com and www.visions.ca

Idea 1:

Receiver: Sony STRDH540  $270

+

Speakers: Polk RM6750 $300

or

Speakers: Polk TL1600 $350

Idea 2:

Receiver + Speakers: Yamaha YHT3654 (RXV375 amp) $400

Idea 3: I am simply curious to hear how these compare to the other 2. I cannot afford it though...

Receiver + Speakers: YHTB4750B (RXV475 amp) $800

Thank you SO much for your time everyone!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

So I went with the Sony STRDH540 and the Polk TL1600's.

Looks like I need to buy a roll of 16ga speaker wire now though!

Either way, I'm pretty excited!

We'll see how it turns out.

·
The Village Idiot
9,687 Posts
A hint to you: post in a 'normal' manner and you'll get advice. You posted links to what you're looking at but you made no mention of what you need in an AVR. No questions = no answers (naturally!).

You can find decent speaker wires and other cables at Mono-Price .

·
Registered
165 Posts

I'm sure that blu ray player is still selling for the Black Friday price of $55 at many locations. Scour the black friday deal sites like bfads.net, dealnews.com or slickdeals.net and search for that model number. 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts