AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm starting to put together a dedicated home theater room (17'x25') and need help on deciding on a power amplifier to drive my Definitive Technology St fronts, Mythos 10 Center and also need help with deciding on in ceiling surrounds. I have a Def Tech Supercube I sub as well. System will initially be 5.1 initally if i purchase any of these amps but plan to expand to 7.1 with a two channel amp. I'm able to get the Anthem mca-50, outlaw 7500, & Krell showcase 5 for all around the same price. Used. I think I have made up my mind on the processor being a Marantz AV7005 but open for suggestions on that as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Might want to look at the Integra DHC-80.3 as well, though it is a bit more than the Marantz.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit128  /t/1416026/deciding-between-anthem-mca-50-outlaw-7500-krell-showcase-5-please-help#post_22138779

Hi everyone, I'm starting to put together a dedicated home theater room (17'x25') and need help on deciding on a power amplifier to drive my Definitive Technology St fronts, Mythos 10 Center and also need help with deciding on in ceiling surrounds. I have a Def Tech Supercube I sub as well. System will initially be 5.1 initally if i purchase any of these amps but plan to expand to 7.1 with a two channel amp. I'm able to get the Anthem mca-50, outlaw 7500, & Krell showcase 5 for all around the same price. Used. I think I have made up my mind on the processor being a Marantz AV7005 but open for suggestions on that as well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Is there a reason you didn't consider the matching MM7055 amp from Marantz?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I am actually now leaning more towards integra over the marantz due to audessy xt32 since I have two subs. Now just trying to figure out if I should look for a good deal on the dhc80.2 or go ahead and get the 80.3. As far as I know, the difference is only in the video processing which I really don't need so if I get a fairly new 80.2 for a good price I may just go with that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As much as I wanted to go with a matching marantz set up with the av7005 and the mm7055 and mm7025 the amps sounded a little weak to me. (more like a receiver than a seperate).

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit128  /t/1416026/deciding-between-anthem-mca-50-outlaw-7500-krell-showcase-5-please-help#post_22143808

As much as I wanted to go with a matching marantz set up with the av7005 and the mm7055 and mm7025 the amps sounded a little weak to me. (more like a receiver than a seperate).

Ah, ok. I had a much more positive impression of the Marantz amps. 140W continuous is more than enough for my speakers. I actually have too much bass, which is tamed by my room correction software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts