AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys im getting on my own nerves now. I need to make a decision by tonight.

Should I go for a benq w1070
5.1 surround sound system and receiver
and project onto a white wall with no screen - screen is a no go since I cant find one that will fit and i don't want to be bothered with fitting it.

or do I buy a 65 inch curved tv.

the room is :
370cm long
230cm wide

I want the projector mounted on a stand at the back of the room so I assume the lens will roughly be around 10ft from the white wall.
the screen size i am looking at with a projector is roughly 88" diagonal this leaves me with just enough room to fit my desk under the screen.

I really need to make a decision by tonight, as I am doing my own head in trying to decide.
thoughts?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sounds like a flat screen tv with a sound bar is a better fit in this small of a room. If a projector is a must, how about the LG 1500 LED one. It's small and bright enough to fire on a painted wall.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a flat screen tv with a sound bar is a better fit in this small of a room. If a projector is a must, how about the LG 1500 LED one. It's small and bright enough to fire on a painted wall.
hum if I go for the TV i wont be able to buy a decent sound bar or 5.1 setup because the TV is more than double the cost of the projector.
unfortunately i cant find a 1080p led projector for sale in the UK so the benq w1070 seems like my best option if i go projection.

im just wondering how the benq w1070 will look on my white walls compared to a 65 inch curved tv and weather or not its worth going for.
and also if i have calculated the throw distance correctly.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
It really doesn't sound like the room is ideal for a projector. It's even less ideal for any curved display.

It does sound good for a nice flat panel. No curves, no wasted money - just get a nice sized flat panel and put it up on the wall.

I love front projection, but 88" is barely larger than a long list of TVs which are available. 80" for about $2,300 and none of the issues which go along with front projection.

4K is a joke, buying into it is very questionable at this point.

Just get a nice 1080p TV and you will be quite happy for the next 5+ years.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts

and project onto a white wall with no screen - screen is a no go since I cant find one that will fit and i don't want to be bothered with fitting it.

the room is :
370cm long
230cm wide

I want the projector mounted on a stand at the back of the room so I assume the lens will roughly be around 10ft from the white wall.
the screen size i am looking at with a projector is roughly 88" diagonal this leaves me with just enough room to fit my desk under the screen.

I really need to make a decision by tonight, as I am doing my own head in trying to decide.
thoughts?
Read this thread. Tiny but the perfect for the user http://www.avsforum.com/forum/29-what-s-your-system-configuration/1355901-my-spare-bedroom-setup.html

·
Registered
4,081 Posts

the room is :
370cm long
230cm wide

thoughts?
I would go with the W1070 and the white wall. I would also tack some foot wide black velvet strips vertically to the side walls and get a full 96" screen out of it, but certainly smaller is fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts