AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently own an infocus 7205 projecting onto a firehawk motorized 123" diag screen. I'm looking to upgrade to a 1080p projector but have concerns about what projectors will be bright enough on low power mode to handle a screen this size (even as the bulb dims with time) for under $6,000. I am considering the RS1, 1080ub, Panasonic ae2000. Will any/all of these projectors be able to handle this screen with a small amount of ambient light/ with some lighting on? Offset issues? My ceiling height is 98 inches. IN82 not possible with fixed offset. Any other recommendations? Mostly for movies but also sports and just watching TV. Projector will be ceiling mounted 18 feet from screen. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well all will be LESS bright than the current 7205 you have. No getting around that. So I supposed the best way to answer that is how much dimmer can your setup allow to meet your needs? 25%, 50%, etc...? Of course we need a starting point so let's assume from a fresh 7205 lamp...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts