Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys --

I have been reading this forum and contributing a little for a while now, and now a dilemma has come about. I purchased a 34XBR2 about a year ago and now have begun to look improve the quality. I have a chance to do one thing at this point and I need to make a decision.

If you had the chance, do you go for the 2200 and save a few hundred over the 2900. Do I just bite the bullet and get the 2900 or do I get my set ISF Calibrated. If I get the 2200, I could do both a calibration and get the player and be at the price of the 2900. Or, do I just do what my heart is telling me to do and just get the 2900? I fear that if I get the 2200, I would just wish that I had bought the 2900. So ,I fear that the choice for me is going to be the 2900 and wait on a calibration, but I think a calibration may make my current player, Marantz DV7000 look better for the time being. Any thoughts?

I am really just concerned with video playback. However, I fear that in the near future the audio portion would come into play. I am also wondering if I should get the DVD player before calibration?

So, at the end of the day the budget is around $1000 or so and I just want to know what you guys think. I have spent the last year debating and now its time to bite the bullet and make a move. I have read a lot about calibration and I think that may make the biggest difference off the bat. I have used DVE and see the overscan problems with the 34xbr2 and other issues that I think a calibration can fix. As you can see -- i am in need of help :)

Thanks for your help in advance.

--Rob

·
Registered
72 Posts
Definitely calibrate after you decide on a DVD player. The calibration process works best on the combination. BTW, I do like my DVD2900. It looks excellent on my older 65H80. I think the best part of my calibration as the removal of the partial mirror front plastic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.