AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time follower, first time poster... hopefully the answers to this post will help others as my situation is likely similar to many...

As the title states - I am about to purchase 2 rows of 4 seats in I0I0I0I0I configuration. I've narrowed the field down to the following based on my limitations of no wider than 128", powered recline and headrest, top notch leather, and in-arm storage for accessory tray. All of these models check each of these boxes so I'm looking for experience and recommendations:

1. Seatcraft Diamante - ships within 24 hours
pros: has a nice location for buttons and a "home" button to return both headrest and foot recline to default position. Includes Soundshakers in the price (worth a go if I end up buying these)
cons: right at my maximum width limit at 128.5" wide. Leaves just 24" as a walkway to the 2nd tier of seating - most expensive of the bunch by a few hundred bucks.

2. RTheater Tribute - ships within 24 hours
pros: costs less due to no motorized headrest (manual adjust only), aluminum construction, and includes a 5-year warranty at no added cost.
cons: no motorized headrest (may move when adjusting position), kinda leaned back sitting position relative to most home theater chairs.

3. HTMarket Belmont - ships within 24 hours
pros: hits the perfect width of 120" which allows me to center the seats 6" off the wall and still have a 26" walkway to the 2nd tier. Costs about $5-800 less than similarly equipped seating.
cons: has the buttons in a terrible location (in my opinion) where your hand drapes and can touch lighting or recline/headrest at any given moment. Also places the electronics right where liquids are placed - risk of shorting with kids spilling?

4. Octane Flex HR - ships in 3 weeks
pros: meets the width requirement at 126". Looks great and has the buttons in a great location (again, in my opinion). Priced in the middle of the road.
cons: compares very closely to the Seatcraft Diamante but doesn't include the Soundshakers or the cool "home" button (actually a selling point for me as I have other powered recliners that kids leave up and I have to sit there and push the button for 30 seconds each). Obviously the added wait time is an issue...

I'll be very interested to see what insights you may have in this regard. The purchase will be about $6500-$7000 overall so it's worth me delaying a moment to get good input!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I can only comment on the HT Market seats. Although I don't have the Belmont seats (I have the Warwick), I believe the construction and the control configuration is the same. My seats have been great so far (2 years in). The build quality has been great. The folks at HT Market were great to deal with. Regarding your concerns about the button location, I haven't really had issues with this. Do I occasionally hit a button by accident? Yes, but I haven't really found it to be that big of a problem. I don't think you'd have to worry about things shorting out with a spill. The control piece fits pretty snug to the arm top and anything important (circuit boards, etc.) underneath is wrapped pretty well. You'd have to have a really bad spill that miraculously found it's way to the right spot to even potentially have a problem, but I don't even know how this could happen. The owners of Rtheater and HT Market are both very active on these boards and I'm sure they would gladly help with any detailed questions - link below. Good luck with the choice.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-theater-room-items-accessories/

·
Registered
16 Posts
What did you end up going with and how do you like them? I've been looking at the Diamante and Belmont, but can't find any good information on the comfort of the Diamante, so leaning towards Belmont.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.