AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the sony 52" XBR4 and the Pioneer Kuro 50" 5010fd. I was able to compare the sony and an elite kuro (not side by side). They were playing an animated movie and the Sony definitely popped with color almost 3D look. Although I've had a Pioneer 768p plasma for several years and it has been dead on reliable. I do also like the idea of the 4 hdmi inputs, but that's really a deciding factor. The other issue is that this is for a bedroom (yes I know it's huge for that) and watch at a close distance around 6-7 feet away. The other issue is heat. The plasma I currently have puts out a lot of heat and the LCDs tend to put out less heat (I'm in Florida). The other issue is that the room is probably very dark almost all the time. I'm stepping up to 1080p and still not sure what to do. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
1080p kuro is 8g's thats why the Xbr4 looks like a better deal. The price your going to pay for the Kuro you could buy 2 xbr4's. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If the room is dark you could go with a plasma screen and not have to deal with the reflections. If you have the money for 5010 then I wish I were you
you could save some money and get a 5080 and then build a surround sound system or buy a Blu-ray player if you don't have those things. Do you prefer the look of a plasma or LCD?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts